I Almost Forgot- The Sheet Pan Meal

I found this chicken recipe on SixSisters
Image result for sheet pan potatoes, green beans and chicken  https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/2015/11/easy-club-chicken/#_a5y_p=4792610

I made a few adjustments:

I would cut chicken breasts into thin cutlets (because cooking chicken for an hour is craziness)

I would still melt butter to go on them, because BuTTer!

I would smash up Ritz crackers instead of Townhouse, because they have more flavor.

I added a package of Dry Zesty Italian Salad Dressing- it was delicious.

Soooo, Thin chicken cutlets, dipped in melted butter, thrown into a large ziplock bag with crushed ritz crackers and dry Italian seasoning mix. Placed in the middle of a sheet pan (cover the pan with foil unless you love scrubbing hard goop off pans) and sprayed with olive oil. 

I diced up some potatoes into pretty small chunks, so that they would cook in the same amount of time, and tossed them with some olive oil, salt and pepper. They needed something more. Maybe some dry Italian salad dressing or some rosemary or some dry ranch dressing. Something.... and I did the same thing with fresh green beans. 

I put green beans on one side of the chicken and potatoes on the other and baked them at 400 degrees for 30 minutes-ish. It looked and tasted really really good! Wil ate his chicken with rice, which looked delicious and I had a moment of thinking about roasting broccoli with the chicken and then eating the chicken and broccoli with rice. I think WAY too much about food- ha:)

Comments

Popular Posts