Slow cooker taco soup

I know there are a lot of taco soup recipes out there, but this one is a favorite of ours for sure. I usually make it in the slow cooker, but didn't start it in time yesterday and ended it up making it on the stove and it was obviously still delicious. I think one of the reasons I love taco soup is because I love to put a few tortilla chips, a little grated cheese and a little sour cream in my bowl with the soup. Hmm.

1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1-2 cups water
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix

In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
Image result for taco soup

Comments

  1. I am making this soup for dinner tonight. The only difference is that I am making it with a hunk of beef that I have had in the freezer since we moved to Ohio- I hear that lots of taco seasonings masks freezer burn...here's hoping it works;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wil wants me to let you know that this dinner over rice is the best thing he has eaten in a month- he said that he is eating the leftovers for breakfast:) I put the pot roast in the crockpot with a can of Rotel (the tomatoes and chili's combined) and a package of taco seasoning. After the roast was cooked and shredded, I added the cans of chili beans, kidney beans and corn (I used mexicorn) and some kosher salt and we just stirred that up and served it over rice topped with sour cream and crushed corn chips. (Next time I would add an additional can of green chili's and some fresh cilantro to the mixture) THANKS Linn for a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome and please tell Wil that he is the best! Glad you guys liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts