16 Minute Deliciousness

Yep, I realize that it is the middle of the week and maybe, just maybe I will eat something better in the next 3 days but that is rather unlikely and I just ate the leftovers from this dinner for lunch- which were even better than the original so I am going for it.

Middle of the Week Easy Cheesy Pasta -
     This is one of those just throwing stuff together moments when it worked;)

1 lb hot sausage (notice a trend- LOVE, love, love hot sausage)
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 box frozen chopped spinach (thawed in the microwave)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu parmesan and romano)
1 lb pasta ( I used Rigatoni) - cooked al dente
3/4 cup mas o menos Ricotta
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
Grated Cheese

Saute sausage, garlic and spinach in skillet until meat is cooked. Dump in jar of spaghetti sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.

While it is simmering mix ricotta, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper (and sour cream if desired) in small bowl.

Dump cooked pasta into meat sauce mixture and stir. Plop spoonfuls of ricotta mixture here and there on top of the pasta and sprinkle with cheese- as little or as much cheese as you want. Cover and turn off stove and let sit for a few minutes until cheese melts.


This is yummier and moister than the oven baked Ziti I make and it literally takes 16 minutes..Yippee!!

We served it with canned green beans with lots O' butter- Ideally I would serve it with a green salad tossed with Brianna's Asiago Ceasar dressing but I am not a run to the store at the last minute kind of cooker;)


Comments

  1. I am making this either tonight or tomorrow night depending on where the day takes me. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts