Creamy enchiladas

I made these a few days ago when we invited Jacob's brother and his wife over for dinner for her birthday. She mentioned she was in the mood for Mexican. I tell you they won't necessarily win any health awards, but they are likely the best enchiladas I have ever had. And it has never dawned on me one time to take a picture of the food I cook, so you will likely be pictureless on any post I put on this blog.

CREAMY ENCHILADAS
Image result for creamy enchiladas
2 c. chicken, cooked and shredded
2 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic crushed
8 oz. tomato sauce
1/4 t. salt
3 c. heavy cream
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1/3 c. olive oil
12-18 tortillas
1 ½ c. Monterey jack cheese
1 large onion
1/4 t. sugar

Sauté onion in 2 T. oil until translucent. Stir in garlic, tomato sauce, salt, sugar and chicken. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. In a large saucepan heat cream. Dissolve bouillon in cream, don’t heat too hot. Set aside.

In a small skillet heat about 1/3 c. of oil and dip each tortilla in oil turning once for a few seconds to soften and drain on paper towel. Dip tortilla in cream mixture and place on flat surface.  Put 3 T. chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled tortilla seam side down in 9X13 pan. Pour any remaining sauce over enchiladas. Cover with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

(PS. I was in a hurry the last time I made this and used a rotisserie chicken. It tasted delicious and cut down on prep time by quite a bit. Just a tip.)

Comments

Popular Posts