Soup to Remember


Image result for chicken taco soup

A few weeks ago, I had a desperation dinner moment that I need to remember because it turned out to be super delicious and SUPER easy.

In a small stock pot add a bit of olive oil and throw in some chunks of rotisserie chicken (or cook your own chicken) and half a can of rotel and some taco seasoning and warm through. Add some chicken broth.

When I was making this soup, I found that I didn't have much else and so I found a couple of frozen beans and rice dinners in the freezer- (Keith is the world's biggest fan of 79 cent frozen dinners from the commissary, I tease him about it mercilessly) one of each of these:

Image result for michelina's frozen beans and rice  Image result for smart ones frozen beans and rice

I put them in the microwave for a couple of minutes to defrost them a bit and then dumped them in the pot and heated it all up. I added a bit of salt and threw in some chopped fresh cilantro.  

Garnish the soup with tortilla chips, grated cheese and sour cream.  

Comments

Popular Posts